Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union
For a 3rd consecutive year, a team of volunteers from MAFCU took a day from their normal work schedules and labored at the Community Services for Autistic Adults and Children's (CSAAC) school in Brookville, MD...more
Corporate Volunteer Council
The Corporate Volunteer Council of Montgomery County (CVC-MC) board retreat was held on Tuesday, October 18 at Bethesda Green...more
Partnering with Nonprofits Is Good Business
Corporate volunteerism is good for your business because it enhances your reputation and improves your corporate culture.
Corporate volunteerism is good for your employees because it improves morale and encourages professional development.
Corporate volunteerism is good for your community because it impacts so many and provides so much.
The Volunteer Center helps businesses build partnerships with nonprofits and government agencies. We can help connect your business with organizations looking for assistance on one-day projects or longer-term needs. Our comprehensive online database contains numerous opportunities for businesses to make a difference in the community. If you can’t find an existing opportunity, we can help you develop one.
There are several ways to get your corporate volunteer effort started:
- Sign up for our enewsletter “Montgomery Volunteer”. You'll get monthly listings of volunteer opportunities and more.
- Search the Calender for date specific projects already planned
- Our Advanced Search page has checkboxes leading to opportunities for different size groups:
Try searching for other opportunities such as:
- Board Membership - Serve on a nonprofit Advisory Board or Board of Directors
- Collection Drives - See requests for food, clothing, toiletries and more. You could bring together donations to help needy families, adopt a group home, sponsor an event - see these requests or plan your own!
- Get creative and design a project for your employee group using our toolkits and past projects as inspiration.
- Volunteer your employees’ professional skills via our Pro Bono Consulting Program
- E-mail us for additional project ideas and assistance at email@example.com
- For more ideas on corporate volunteerism, contact our strategic partner, the Corporate Volunteer Council, whose mission is to promote corporate community service by linking the resources and knowledge of business to the needs of nonprofit and public agencies serving Montgomery County residents.